Thursday 12 February 2009

DRR Visits

This year I had the lucky to visit three clubs in two different countries, South Africa and Swaziland.



The first club I visited was our baby club, Pretoria East (@ RSA) and it was so good to meet them for the first time. Pass from email to real faces and voices. They were so interested and learn more about Rotaract in generally and also about our District clubs activities and ways to work. And for you that know me, you can imagin my happiness in talk about something that I love and live for the past 7 years. Sadly I only met 2 members, Shaline (VP) and Steven (Secretary); but next time I go there, I will meet all members...


From left to right: Shaline, Steven & Euridice (DRR)

My second trip was to Swaziland, where I met two Rotaract Clubs, Melkerns & Manzini. It very nice to see you all again and here about your projects. All Swaziland clubs are working thogeter on our District Project - Plant Trees for the Planet. They are really engaged with UNEP, supporting the Billion Tree Campaign, which is very good, because more people will know about Rotaract and a mark will be stronlgy printed in Swaziland.

Rotaractors from Swaziland and the DRR

Manzini on that same day was going to induct new members, but sadly I wasn't able to stay overnight and attend their dinner, BUT a did a promisse that I really intend to keep.. Participate on clubs anniversary next year... they are the oldes club on our District 9250...Unfortunately I did not meet any member from UNISWA and Mbabane Mbuluzi (other new club).

See you all soon

No comments:

Post a Comment